Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Not even 7pm...

and this is what was on my couch the evening before the first day of school 2010:
Yep. Both boys, laid out, on the couch, with injuries. Nope, they didn't do this to each other.... they did it to themselves. Separately.

I was spending some time getting the kitchen in order for the impeding chaos. Mark was downstairs doing garage things. Daniel asked if he could go out front and ride his bike. I said to check with Dad. Since he didn't come back, I figured all was good. I finished the kitchen, then took Spot out around the back and down to the front. I saw no sign of the boys, only heard Mark telling Matthew to come close the door into the house. Mark looks at me and says "Daniel is upstairs bleeding." Apparently, while I was walking around the house, Daniel had a huge wipe-out on his bike. I brought Spot back in (more on his first vet appointment later) and he settled into his kennel. I get Daniel settled into the bathroom for some 'doctoring' and he tells me "I was going way too fast on my bike. I was trying to do a burn-out, and I burned myself out." He's got a 3 inch road rash under the bandage.

Luke came over to tell Daniel to not leave burn-out marks on their sidewalk, discovered the injury, and to save them standing with the door open, Luke and Mark were invited inside to hang with the injured party. Of course, they requested Wii, which I allowed. Mark won (Hello! He's 9) against Matthew, so Mark got to play two games. Matthew found this desperately unfair and pitched a huge fit. When he was sent to his room to calm down, he ran head-first into the corner of one of the walls, putting a lovely vertical contusion on his forehead.

Mark felt I needed to document, and probably warn/remind Mrs. Law of what's coming her way. Hopefully she can help Mrs. Mulholland understand how things are with the Harmon boys, and we won't be getting a visit from the Office of Children and Youth...

No comments:

Post a Comment