Matthew's latest bedtime avoidance is to wait long enough to make up a 'bad dream' then come out to tell us about it. There's no way he's actually had a dream, because in elapsed time from tucking in and kisses to Matthew's first arrival in the living room is approx. 5-7 minutes. But, Bad Dreams it is. Tonight he found me in the office. Tonight, I asked if he was having trouble settling his body (a recurrent theme for the day - apparently I hurt his feelings yelling at him too loudly after the 8th request to SETTLE DOWN.) So, I asked. "Are you having trouble settling your body?" "No." says he. "I had a bad dream." me: "You did? What kind of bad dream?" (best to be prepared for what might be waiting for me in the other room). him: "Dragons were chasing me." me: "They were?" him: "Yes." (apparently, I didn't react strongly enough, because:) him: "And bears. and ghosts." me: "Really? Dragons, bears, and ghosts?" him: nods head. whispers: "and sharks"
So, the stuffed animal sentries have been posted, and we shall see if he can settle. I imagine that he will, since the mention of tomorrow's Wii privileges being revoked is always taken seriously.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment