Thursday, April 29, 2010

Intervention

I'm not sure this is something to actually brag about, since this is the exception to the rule when it comes to my parenting style. Hopefully, it was also a bit of a good solid kick in the attitude... but I'm not holding my breath.

Yesterday Daniel had his 6th year well-visit, and so we dropped Matthew off at school, and Daniel and I had the morning together.

I'm proud that I let us be together without being demanding, or bossy, or correcting everything he tried to do. I was relaxed, and content to be with him. I wasn't critical, or distracted, or exasperated, or tired or cranky. I was the person I'd like to always be.

And it was TRULY GOD'S WORK. Because I have PMS, stomach pain from two sources, allergies, A.Flo started, 1 car so we were up an hour early (again) and all the other things that life could possibly throw at you in one day. God intervened, and kept me from taking it out on Daniel.

My reward? After the doctor visit with no shots, before the lunch out designed to make Matthew jealous I heard in a soft little polite Daniel voice as a little hand grabbed mine: 'I like to be with you mom.'

No comments:

Post a Comment