On the last day of a 9-day break from school, I find myself thinking ahead to the glorious days of summer. The weather this break has been wonderful, and we have had plenty of adventures this week. From the stomach flu, to a visit to Nana&Papaws, to Easter Egg Hunts (at least 8, possibly more) A visit to the Train Master, Easter Baskets, Chocolate-covered brownies on a stick with sprinkles, Matthew's endless eating and Daniel not eating much at all (a complete reversal from the norm) Quad-loaded foam rocket launchers, near-misses with dogs+creek water, and (of course) Lego Indiana Jones for the Wii. It's been action-packed, and reminds me very much of our typical summer vacation. Here are the things I've learned:
1. I am not, I repeat, NOT ready for summer vacation.
2. The boys are funny. Every day. Sometimes, even when I'm completely tired and frustrated, they're pretty funny and can make me laugh.
3. Aunt Melissa spoils them, but really. Just about the right amount of spoilage.
4. Daniel thinks teenagers are cool, and he's young enough (and our family has some awesome teenagers) that they think he's kinda cool too.
5. Justin can make Matthew hysterical in 2.2 seconds, and he will stay that way for far longer than Justin can keep up.
6. Kids make Uncle David and Aunt Leslie happy.
7. Gram still worries. She thought Matthew ran outside and into the creek at one point, and chased after him (thank goodness). He wasn't in the creek, but he did need some help getting TP on the potty.
8. I am not cut out to be a housewife/housekeeper.
9. The school break/summer day schedule is something I'm never quite prepared for: wake. EAT BREAKFAST. cartoons. EAT. play. EAT LUNCH. play. EAT. play. EAT DINNER. play. EAT. sleep. REPEAT.
10. "Want a Mint?" is now a family standby.
Happy Easter everyone.
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment