This weekend was a great one for mom. (Thanks Mark!) I slept in two days in a row, and I sure did as little as possible once I woke up. Plus, I had a real dinner out with Mark and some good friends... cannot find anything to complain about there!
Mark's birthday was on Friday. He got his annual card from GG. :) and a good card from our boys. Thought I'd make him some cookies, but he was distracted by talking to his dad, and then I ate the cookie dough. Gotta be quicker Mark.
The 'bulls' went fishing both mornings. :) Yippie for me. Of course, Matthew's over it. He gets there, then just wants to go to the playground. Apparently, he made a little friend while there. Daniel narc'd him out, since I guess it wasn't a 'little' friend, since she was a scandalous 7 years of age. Daniel's got about an hour of fishing in him, then he's had it, and wants some playground for himself.
They also got some beach time, although since they were on their way home by 10:45, it musta been cold in the water. You can't tell from the pictures Mark took of them in the water, they're like fish, heads down, butts up, swimming along. The one where he makes them get out and stand next to the water they're just about blue and shivering even in the still photo. Good news is they were able to show dad their new swimming skills, he was pretty darn impressed. They're doing great, and they still have another week to go. We'll take a short break, since the next session overlaps our trip... but I hope they are still excited when we get back.
They even got a trip to the playground Sunday night, but that got rained out. Since there were tornado's in our area, I'm glad they nixed it and came home.
All in all, a pretty nice weekend for everyone.
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment