Sunday, June 6, 2010

Waldameer (1)

I purchased season passes this year for Waldameer and WaterWorld. It was a screaming deal, and I'm very excited about it. I only purchased 3, since as Mark puts it when the boys ask if he's going with us: "I went last year" Mark's not much of a 'do-er', but me and my boys, we like to DO. We've been 2x already. In my mind, the passes paid for themselves the first time, since the boys got tired, wet, and cold, and wanted to go home. Without season passes, I'da been pissed, and made them stay to 'get our value' out of paying to be there... but with our passes I simply said: "Ok. Let's go." because we can come back another day.

We went last night for the first time with Alyssa, Justin, and Aunt Melissa. That too was just great, even though I lost my ride buddy. Matthew wanted nothing to do with mom, and even shunned Justin! He was all-about-Alyssa last night, which was very sweet. When he heard she was going, he said "I want to ride all rides wif Awisssa" and I said "Alyssa? What about mommy? Who is mommy going to ride with?" He said "You can ride with Justin." Thanks, buddy.

During the Sky Ride with Daniel I noticed the clock said 7pm. So I told him we needed to go, that it was past his bedtime. He's so sweet, he said "How did it get past my bedtime? Why aren't I in bed?" So I explained that it is getting to be summer, and bedtimes aren't as important when you don't have school the next day. He said "oh! right, the days get longer too." MUCH later that night, when he noticed it was getting dark , he turned to me and said "Thanks, mom for letting us stay up so late" which really impressed the teenage girls in line behind us.

Daniel rode EVERYTHING he could, including the Ravine Flyer with Justin. His first roller coaster, and he insisted on the FRONT CAR. He Loved it, as well as the MegaVortex, which he rode two times in a row, once with Alyssa and Mom, and again with Justin. We also found Jeffery, Gracie and Alec, and spent some time with each of them as well.

We ended the night with the Scrambler, and picked our 'first rides' for the next visit, and headed home. This is going to be a great summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment