Thursday, August 25, 2011

test run...

This morning I did an informal test run of our morning school routine. All tasks were completed, and we were only about 40 minutes late for the bus. :) Guess I have some re-planning to do!  Of course, my alarm clock went off late (aka - Daniel) so I can always use that as an excuse, right?

Reading back over my blog, I realize that every summer has its own rhythm. Last year at this time, I was happy to stay cocooned in blissful summer laziness. I wasn't ready for school to start. This year, I've been ready for about 3 weeks. Last year, the boys were excited, enjoying the process of school shopping for supplies, and shoes, and stuff. This year, not so much. There is excitement, Matthew is ready to be a 'big kid' and ride the school bus. But the actual work of getting ready, the thought of earlier mornings, school work, and structured days has Daniel moaning and groaning, and Matthew following his lead.

We are heading out to a lovely Montessori tradition - Kindergarten Tea. This is Matthew's 3rd kindergarten tea. No wonder the kid gets confused what grade he's in! So, he will get to ride the bus around the parking lot, and I'm loving how his eyes light up when we talk about it.

Wish me luck with the school routine... it's a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment