In the state of Pennsylvania, the public broadcasting networks lost all state funding. What a horrible misrepresentation of our taxpayer dollars. I signed petitions and wrote our state congressmen/women, but apparently it didn't help. I was contacted today by our local station, WQLN which has really wonderful children's shows, and some of the boys favorites. So when she explained that the funding they receive from the federal govn't is determined by the amount of donations the station receives, I decided it was time to support them financially also, and the best way for us to do that is to join their Kids Club. So I signed the boys up, and paid the reasonable fee. The lovely caller explained many of the features of the club, some I was familiar with, some I was not. I'm still not sure how often we will take advantage of the benefits, but the money is well-spent even if we don't.
Of course, little ears are always listening. Mark and Matthew had left for karate practice, and Daniel and I had just started spelling homework. When I completed the call, Daniel ran into the kitchen and said "So. Did you finally sign us up for the WQLN Kids Club?" Um. Yes. I did. "YES! I'm so excited mom! We get to go to the SeaWolves, and the Art Museum, and when it is my birthday, they're going to put my name on TV!" Um.... how'd you know all that buddy? "I learned it on their commercial, and I've been wanting it for a long, long time. I'm so glad they finally called you!" me too!
Monday, January 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We've been doing that for a few years - I think it's worth it - especially with the Waldameer day... Paige is all over me when they're doing thier kid's club drive. So cute to hear about Daniel!
ReplyDeleteThanks Amy! He was so excited. It was sweet!
ReplyDeleteWe might do the season passes for Waldameer again, that worked awesome for us last year... still debating about it though, since Daniel asks to go back to Idlewild about once a month.