Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday's main event...

turned out to be baking cookies with the boys. The process was just puzzling... they've not really done much rolling out dough for cut-out cookies, so the first few attempts were greeted with lots of questions and excitement. Daniel did some of his own rolling... and when I wasn't looking he rolled the dough thinner than paper. Once I explained why that wouldn't work, he was all set. Matthew had some mad-pressure on his dough, but in the end the cookies came out fine. (more like large cookie lumps than Halloween shapes, but the boys knew exactly what each one was. Once I explained the 'apple' was a 'pumpkin'...) and the sprinkles were giving them fits once we finally got to the decorating... The end result was fun fun fun! Except for poor Spot. During the rolling and cutting of cookie dough, he was kenneled. Thanks Dad for capturing Spot's plight.
I wish I had a 'speech bubble' for this one. It would say "I like Cookie dough!"

Not to worry though. Spot got some play around the table during the decorating phase... performing his family hoovering duties...

Here are some more shots. Thanks again Dad for taking some since my hands were totally flour/dough covered! You did great! and I appreciate actually being IN the pictures this time!



No comments:

Post a Comment