Ok, here goes:
Birthday, hockey, karate, work, prepare for birthday/school, try to find time to buy sleds, ask my sister to go buy sleds. forget to invite my mother to matthew's birthday dinner, get a reminder email from my sister. invite my mother. work. take the dog out. stop the dog from taking the boys socks off when they walk through the house. find a tree. karate. listen to daniel complain about having a real tree, he wants to use our fake tree. work. listen to mark complain that the real tree probably won't survive the winter, leave the tree up undecorated for 5 days. argue with mark about how to water the tree. work. karate. consider calling my dad to make a siphon system to water the tree - abandon idea cuz it'll piss mark off. decorate the tree, leave remaining 3 holiday decorations bins in the living room for (going on) 5 days. Hockey. consider starting a list of gifts for in-laws, give it up until after matthew's birthday is over. work. remind myself that i do this every year, make a resolution to avoid most things christmas until after matthews birthday. fully realize that's not going to happen. take away the boys lego advent calendar because they let spot eat the helmet. make the boys come up with an alternate solution that's fair to everyone, and doesn't require locking poor spot in his kennel when they want to play legos. work. Daniel comes up with a solution, and is told to clean a space in his room for the advent... when I check, his version of clean is to shove all items in that location into a corner of said location: explain to both boys that their solution is not the technical definition of CLEAN. remind Mark (6 times) that he has to pick the boys up on Tues/Thursdays if at all possible. Answer phone call from Mark on Tuesday at 3pm when he's been home all day: "Am I supposed to get the boys?" YES. Karate. Try repeatedly to get a concrete answer on the classes they want me to teach next term. Still no answer. Counsel a student in his 2nd to last term to NOT drop out of school. Karate. WORK.........
Um. Yeah. I'm feeling like I really AM THAT BUSY. Mark says that I'm crazy for thinking that I can 'stay on top of things' He had this whole story about his day, and how he goes through it, not really aware and certainly NOT thinking ahead. Which was hysterically true, but not really all that helpful. I've relaxed my standards as far as I can, so it's not like I'm incredibly stressed, or rather, I'm too busy to be stressed.
I can say that Matthew's skating party was TONS OF FUN for so many reasons. I wish all of you could have seen Matthew skate. He didn't smile AT ALL, and he never stopped. He told me today 'there was no reason to come off the rink mom'. My sister and Alyssa observed that Matthew and Mark skated exactly the same way, and that Daniel and I skated exactly the same way, which I'm sure is true. When my sister and I did our 'day after review' we both felt very sorry for Laura, but also very amused that the only thing that made Easton happy was when Mark fed him a cupcake. Honestly, I wish we'd filmed him when Laura would walk away from the cupcakes, then walk back over to them. It was very amusing (from the Not His Mother standpoint).
Off to finish up Birthday5. Oh, and finish work.

No comments:
Post a Comment