Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012

Before I forget:

Daniel continued his quest to determine if Santa is real... he didn't deny Santa existed, so this year he escaped the curse of the underwear. The boys decided to sleep in front of the tree: Daniel in a large beanbag, Matthew in my office comfy chair. Spot was allowed to sleep out of his kennel, and I kept finding him with Matthew in the chair, with Daniel in the beanbag (he was a bean-bag hog) and back in the chair with Matthew.

Santa arrived sometime between 11pm - that's when I checked on Daniel and found him a big ball of sweat - he was sleeping hot in the sleeping bag - so I switched blankets. He woke up a little, and asked what time it was, and I explained why he had a different blanket. He said Oh. and fell back asleep.

Around 2pm My door popped open, and when I checked, Daniel was awake, but back in the beanbag. Santa had arrived, and the presents had been 'investigated' but not opened. Matthew was still out solid.

At 6:15 I had to potty - when I got back in bed, Daniel came in my room. He said he'd been awake since about 4am - I have no idea if he actually slept... He said Matthew was still asleep too. I told him if he could get his dad awake, we could do presents. When he woke Mark up, Mark said "It's still dark out" and rolled over and went back to sleep. I told Daniel he'd have to wait.

Around 7:20 Mark got up, and the boys came in my room to wake me up too. Then they had to wait for Spot to go potty and have his breakfast... they were VERY patient and good boys, and when asked if it was the "best christmas ever" they both said YES. Matthew qualified: It's the best, even if there were less presents this year...

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment