I've been having the boys help with laundry and dishes. Both so they can learn, but also because I want them to understand how much goes into 'being an adult' and maintaining the house. And, no boy of mine is leaving here unable to properly care for himself. Personal rule.
So, the chores thing. Having the boys help hasn't
been smooth or systematized process. At all. In the past that would have
stressed me out completely. Tonight I realized it's part of the
play/experiment/make my own rules piece.
Not everything gets done, and not everything gets done right.
But,
there has been a couple of times that I realized I got 'something else
done' while the boys were doing the bits I let them do.
My patience is different too.
Tonight,
Matthew dumped the whites out on my bed to sort and fold. He's having
an awesome time, and I'm surfing the internet a little. He's making
jokes about the dryer sheet being a lunch lady's hair net, and how he
likes to match the colored socks first because they're bright and
shiny...
That can't be beat.
(OMG. He just did a little dance in front of my door w/a pair of mismatched socks, twirling them over his head.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment