Wednesday, October 24, 2012

THAT's how you spell your name?

I've been taking my dad to several appointments and procedures lately, and each time they ask me my name I know it's going to go badly. One woman even put on her 'skeptical' face like she was convinced I was lying about it.

Listen People. I DIDN'T NAME MY DAMN SELF.

This is why I answer to anything remotely close to how I pronounce my name. It doesn't really bother me, but it makes Mark crazy when people get it wrong.

I try to be cool about it... but the skeptical face lady almost saw why she should keep her face to herself...

THEN!

Tonight, Matthew and I are checking out one of our favorite blogs: The Kid Should See This. They find the best, short videos on a fascinating variety of subjects. Sometimes, if I come across something cool myself, I'll tweet it to them. So as we're reviewing videos I realized HEY! They liked something I sent them, did some more research on it, and posted two videos! That's so freaking cool!

So, I jump on over to twitter, to check if they responded. They did (sorry, I suck at twitter). and AND. AND!

Matthew turns to me and says "Is that really how you spell your name?"

I looked at the screen and it has a huge LANI since my @name is @LaniHarmon.

Yes buddy. I know it sounds like it should be L.O.N.E. (as he clearly explained to me) but it isn't.

Wanna call Grammie??

3 comments:

  1. do i have to play that song for you again?

    They call me girl
    They call me Stacey
    They call me her
    They call me Jane

    That's not my name

    They call me quiet girl
    But I'm a riot yeah
    Maybe Joleisa
    Always the same

    That's not my name

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. JUST saw this comment. I heart you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. JUST saw this comment. I heart you.

    ReplyDelete