Sunday, February 7, 2010

Through Aunt Melissa's eyes...

One of the best things about having a sister is getting to view your children through her eyes. Although biased, she truly helps me to see the delight and joy the boys bring, without the filter of parenthood and responsibility. Being able to see the boys through her eyes helps me keep my perspective on the important things instead of always being caught up in the minutia of everyday.

Here's an email from A.Melissa after the boys spent the evening at Grammies w/o mom:


I have two funny stories from the boy’s visit this weekend…

1. We decided to order in from Lucky Mans for dinner. I asked the boys if they liked wings and Daniel said, oh yeah! We then moved on to other topics (do they want fries too, would boneless be better, how many wings Justin could eat, etc.). As I was writing down the order I turned to Daniel and asked him what kind of wings they liked – I assumed he wouldn’t know off the top of his head, so I started listing some of the flavors. In stereo, both boys yelled “Chicken wings, Aunt Melissa. We like Chicken wings.” Matthew then went on to add that he also likes Chicken legs. As if that wasn’t funny enough, when the order arrived Matthew reminded me that he wanted Chicken legs, even though we had ordered them boneless chicken nuggets. I said sure and passed him one of mine to put on his plate. After studying it for a few minutes he said: “That sure is a wittle chicken.”

2. As the boys were getting on their coats and shoes to go home, they ended up play wrestling in Gram’s room. They were both laughing so hard they could hardly stand up. I was about to break it up when Matthew yelled to Daniel to be careful since Matthew is fragile. And then proceeded to shove Daniel to the floor and sit on him. Daniel informed him that he wasn’t fragile, just tricky.

Thanks Aunt Melissa, for helping to record these small moments/memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment