Couple Matthew notes today:
- Last week we spent Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday together. On Thursday, I didn't see him at all after dropping him off at school. So, when I got him up on Friday morning and carried him to the living room, he hugged me hard, and said "I haven't seen you ALL WEEK. I missed you."
- When I picked him up from school one day that week I was a little late, and Mrs. Law filled me in on something he'd said at school. She was working on a lesson with him on letter sounds, and trying to match the picture cards to the letter sound RRRR... he was having a little trouble making his choice, so Mrs. Law gave him a hint. "Mrs. Law wears a lot of these." and showed him her hands. "OH!" he said. "Right. Because you've been married 3 times! It's rings!" Not surprisingly, she set him straight, but also acknowledged how his mind worked.
- During one of his days with Dar this week he played Wii. (shocking, I know) He came home very excited about the games they played, although each was followed with "It was vewwy hard. We didn't win." When we ate dinner at my chinese restaurant he had a good time demonstrating the 'scrubbing game' by using his fork to scrub his sweet and sour chicken pieces in his sauce. Once we got home, we watched some 2010 Winter Olympics, and they were both very interested in the curling. Once I saw it, and realized some of the other games he described I finally realized that Dar had the Wii Olympics game, and Matthew's scrubbing game was curling. :) When I asked him if that was the game he played, he said "Yes" in an obviously annoyed tone. Daniel was sitting with Dad, and he turned to his dad and said "He doesn't know what he's talking about dad, he hasn't played that game" and Matthew replied with "I heard that Danol"
No comments:
Post a Comment