Well, I'm probably going to pay for this, since every time I post something nice about the menace, he turns on me. But... things are better with Spot. It was really pretty awful there for a while, and despite Mark's best efforts I don't think of Spot as my 3rd child (although it would probably be safer for Spot if I did!). But.... we are settling in. He's still completely insane, and a menace, I think I'm just getting used to it.
Some days are even good potty training days. Apparently, if he's looking at you it means: A. Food Please. (this usually includes jumping and barking) or B. Outside Please. NOW. (this sometimes includes barking, but not always).
I've even expanded his 'allowable' area. Today though, we have the windows open to let in fresh air, and it is making him a little neurotic. It's windy out, and I thought we had a successful 'barking at the door to go out' but apparently, it was just 'barking at the leaves blowing around in the backyard' because when he got outside he just chased them... which I will admit was kinda funny.
Daniel's new favorite thing is to play hide and seek with Spot. He gets a squeaky toy and a treat, and goes to hide. I hold Spot, then say "Find Daniel!" when Daniel is ready. It's great exercise in the mornings when it's not possible to give him a walk, and Daniel just loves it.
Spot still has gas. BAD. But even that isn't as annoying, it seems to dissipate quickly, and I am hopeful that the most recent episodes are due to a change in food and will not be as frequent once he's used to the new food. Wish us luck with that.
Another great tradition is meeting Daniel's bus with Spot on the leash. Yesterday our timing was off, and Spot was in the backyard while other (earlier) buses were passing the house. This was very distracting for poor Spot, who kept trying to run down the hill after every bus in search of Daniel, despite me telling him That's not his bus!
So, now that I've written this, he'll do something awful, (like eat my drapes. He's trying to eat the ones in the dining room and play 'tug of war' with them) but I'm hopeful the worst is behind us.
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment