that is the theme of this summer. I have just been tired. It is the end of the harmon summer of fun, and I can't remember it. At all. That alone is depressing, and I hope I recorded some of the good moments, but mostly the whole thing is a big blur.
the boys are in school. They seem to love love love it, esp. daniel. Karate started again, they have both jumped in with both feet, and daniel is thrilled to have moved up to the next class, new belt, even though he is currently the only one in the group. He doesn't care. He still loves it. He is really, really into being physical - any sort of sports and he is ready and willing, all day every day. Hockey started saturday, and Mark really is taking point on hockey, and I am doing my best to let him. The first day went awesome for daniel - coaches were still talking about his enthusiasm the next day (we know one) and not so awesome for little matthew. He got scared, and refused to go back on the ice. he loved watching at equipment pick-up, loved putting on his equipment and showing it off, so mark and i were puzzled as to why he was so frightened. he was though. we took him to open skate the next day, and he was all geared up, but as soon as he got to the door he freaked. I kinda threw him up on the ice, and we worked through his melt-down. I got him crawling (evidently this is the very first step to skating) and allowed him to crawl to the door if he went by himself. He insisted I follow him, but he made it to the door on his own. Mark then talked to him, and he watched with complete fascination all of the skaters, including one that was skating backward. Mar was able to bribe him into another trip onto the ice - with ice cream! and so I went back out with him and made him crawl around where the goal goes. he was still scared, and upset, and got very upset if I got too far in front of him, but he did it himself, and earned his ice cream. wish us luck next saturday!
Where was daniel you ask? Daniel was skating. All over the ice. Falling every 20 feet, and getting back up for more. he is doing awesome.
not sure what is next for us. I'm feeling some hibernation and some organizing... but mostly I'm just feeling tired.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment